Tuesday, February 27, 2007


Let's Go Sopel!


OMG! I am soooo excited! So every year the Kings have this thing called Tip A King, where the fans get to meet all the players and get autographs and stuff, and it was the other day and it was SO MUCH FUN! But that 's not the best part. So I was talking to Brent Sopel at his table and he's signing my jersey and he signs my player card and he says "So what's your name?", real nice and all, and I say "My name is Tickles.". And he goes "Tickles? Tickles McGinty? With the blog?", and I'm like "OMG! YES!YES!YES! That's me! That's me!" And he goes on to tell me that he reads us every day and that we are his favorite and he likes it when I say "Don't drop the Sopel". I was causing a scene because I was so excited by this. I couldn't believe it. So I asked him if he would like to do an interview for LETSGOTICKLES, and he said "Yeah, that would be great!". I'm supposed to meet him at the Healthsouth practice facility tomorrow and so I can do the interview and take pictures with him after the Kings practice. I asked if I could bring my video camera to tape it so I could put it on the blog and he said that would be cool. He also said he could introduce me to Mattias Norstrom too since I wasn't able to meet him at Tip A King (I figured I'd just get to him next year)! I am soooo jazzed... I can't wait! I am going to ask him what it's like to play for the Kings, and how he likes finally being part of the nucleus of the team that they are rebuilding around. What else should I ask? I feel like I am finally going to get to be like my favorite blogger, that Kat19 girl on Ecklund's site. Maybe someday I'll get to work for a professional website like that. OMG OMG OMG I can not wait! LetsGoSopel!