Wednesday, February 28, 2007


Exclusive Jeremy Roenick Interview


Wow, it's been a long time since I chimed in about Jeremy Roenick here on LetsGoTickles. Apparently, forgetting about JR is a pretty easy thing to do. I guess that's why he needs to keep opening his pie-hole to any feckless reporter that will listen, excreting his self-promoting blatherings all over the newspapers like a puppy in training. And as the trade deadline approached, JR made it known to the world that he would gladly accept a trade to a playoff bound team. I'm sure there are a few Kings fans who are still paying off the 05-06 Kings Season Tickets that they put on their credit cards who, for once, were glad they weren't a "playoff bound team". But while 29 general managers collectively peed their pants in laughter, the trade deadline came and went without so much as a "thanks, but no thanks" for Mr. Roenick. Well, in this LetsGoTickles exclusive, I spoke to JR by phone in his first interview after not being traded to a contender.

LetsGoTickles: Hey JR, how are you today?

Jeremy Roenick:
Uh, good.


LGT:
So are you disappointed that no GM's of "Stanley Cup contenders" were drunk enough to trade for you at the deadline?


JR:
Who is this?


LGT:
Assholesayswhat.


JR:
What?


LGT:
Huh?


JR:
How did you get this number?


LGT:
I think they should bypass the three-year waiting period and get you inducted into the Hall of Lame immediately. Wouldn't you agree.


JR:
Well, I'm still playing, so it's a bit early to start talking about the Hall of Fame...


LGT:
No, I said "Hall of Lame". LAME. It's not too early for that, I don't think.


JR:
Look, don't call me anymore...


LGT:
Homosayswhat.


JR:
What?


LGT:
Huh?


(*click*)
I hope to bring you Part 2 of my exclusive interview with Jeremy Roenick soon, but that depends entirely on JR's ability to block calls on his cell phone. I'll keep you posted.

###