Friday, February 29, 2008


Presidents' Trophy Now Out Of Reach For The Kings

After Thursdays 5-4 loss against the Edmonton Oilers, the Los Angeles Kings were officially eliminated from winning the Presidents' Trophy, awarded to the NHL team with the most points in a season. Even if the Kings won every game for the rest of the season, the best that they could do is tie Detroit's current league leading 90 points, and in the event of a tie I'm pretty sure they'd give it to the team that won the season series between the two. But actually, now that I think about it, Detroit would have to lose every game for the rest of the season too, and another team would probably get the Presidents' Trophy anyhow if the Red Wings sucked for the rest of the season. So the only way the Kings could get the Presidents' Trophy would be if every team in the NHL lost every game for the rest of the season... which I'm pretty sure isn't possible. And even if it were, the best the Kings could do would be to tie, like I said. Actually, the more I think about this, the more it doesn't make sense. But you know what? I was never good at math, and that's why I am going to school to be a journalist, not a mathatist. I don't HAVE to know numbers and stuff, I just need to be able to punctuate good and be able to use a spell-checker.

You know what? It's a stupid trophy anyway, so who cares.

Tickles