Sunday, November 26, 2006


"But I love you, Baby..."

Last year in Mrs. Dorie's Psych class, we spent a week learning about co-dependance and what makes people stay in abusive relationships. It was like soooo boring and meant mostly for the girls in our class that had low self-esteem and stuff. Well, anyway, at the end of the week she showed us this movie about a woman who's boyfriend is mean to her all the time, and hits her and calls her really horrible things, and all her friends keep saying "Leave him. He's a jerk. He doesn't deserve you. yada, yada, yada..." But the reason I remember this movie so well is because the acting was sooo bad and the guy who played the mean boyfriend was wearing a terrible fake mustache. But anyway, at the end of the movie, the girl decides she is going to leave the guy who is so horrible to her, then he turns around and does something sweet for her. And he keeps saying over and over, "But I love you, baby. But I love you, Baby." And do you know what? That's where the movie ended and it looked like the woman was going to fall for it. And everyone in our class was like "Geez, that girl is DUMB!"

So last night, the Kings beat Calgary, basically saying "But I love you, Baby." to every fan that was about to walk away from this stupid and abusive relationship that they have with this team. Yeah, they cleaned up real good. They were polite. The goaltending was great. They played for 60 minutes. They hit. They defended. They worked in their zone. Basically, they didn't hurt us for an evening. "But I love you, Baby." Kopitar finally got a goal at home. They didn't play Cloutier. "Really, Baby. I love you." Those who should have scored, did. Those who should have played defense, did. And those who should have made a great save now and again, did. "But I love you, Baby." Yes, now I know that this team loves me. They really do. I'm not going anywhere, because they've changed their ways, and it's going to be a beautiful season after all.
  • Final Score: Kings 3, Flames 1
"But I love you, Baby..."