Wednesday, December 13, 2006


Good D Hunting




Good D Hunting


Rob Blake vs Chris Pronger




So I watched a lot of hockey yesterday. The Ducks played the Panthers, and right after that, the Kings played the Sharks. I hate that I am becoming a Ducks fan... OK, not really a fan so much, but let's just say that if you live in LA and you want to see good hockey played fast and mean, then the Kings aren't exactly the first place to look. But anyway, what I really noticed was how well Pronger is playing, and how crappy Rob Blake is playing. From what I understand, they we're both brought in this year to do the same things for their teams. But one of them is sucking at it, and the other isn't. They remind me of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. They both were like really popular cuz' they won the Oscar for that movie, but since then Ben Affleck has just done crappy movies for big paychecks. Sure, Armageddon was a big hit (read: Avalanche), but it was nothing but a crappy movie filled with lame "star power". On the other hand, Matt Damon for the most part has done some pretty good movies. No blockbusters for the cash so much, but he's done some quality work like Rounders and the Ocean's 11 movies. So Rob Blake is Ben Affleck and Chris Pronger is Matt Damon. One of them cares about the money, the other cares about doing quality work. And as I'm watching the Kings last night, and all I can think of is Pearl Harbor, and Daredevil and Jersey Girl. Then I watched Rob Blake bobble the puck yet again and all I could see in my mind was Gigli, and I immediately logged-on to my Netflix and put Saving Private Ryan at the top on my priority list.

  • Final Score: Rob Blake $6-million, Chris Pronger 2 points